Established in 1897, the Old Lennoxville Golf & Ski is one of the oldest nine-hole courses in Canada (RCGA).
Owned by Bishop’s University, the Old Lennoxville Golf & Ski, formerly known as the Old Lennoxville Golf Club, has never changed its layout over its long years of existence while always proving to be a challenge for golfers no matter their skill set.
The venerable Garth Smith Clubhouse and its outdoor terrace offer patrons a terrific view of the course. Furthermore, its full-licensed bar and catering service answer the needs of its wide-ranging clientele.
Come by and pay us a visit. Our staff will be more than happy to help you enjoy your day on the course.
This said, we wish you a great round of golf!
Number of holes
Something for everyone!
Dear Members and OLGC Friends,
Many of you are wondering what will happen with the 2020 Golf Season. We hope this message provides some answers as we all try to manage our affairs best we can during this difficult period. Like all Québec golf clubs, we are also complying and supporting the directives and guidelines imposed by our government and associated health organizations.
Please note that all indoor and outdoor installations remain off-limits until the opening on May 20th. This includes our Pro Shop, Clubhouse and all fairways, greens and the driving range. As much as I can’t wait to see you, thank you staying away and discouraging people from visiting our course. The government is enabling us to proceed with maintenance and repair work with a reduced staff, while respecting social distancing protocol and sanitary procedures currently in place.
As such, for the past few weeks, Gary Labrecque and I have slowly started to open the course as best as possible.
A few updates:
- Our six tarps are off the greens. The greens on #3, #4 and #8 along with the other six holes look great! I would give them an 8/10 at this time of year.
- All tee boxes are free of snow. They also look very good.
- We are working our way through different equipment, prepping to be ready when the time comes to do different work.
- For those who have not seen the new fence at the back of #9, I think you will be very happy with this change, that has opened up this hole and view to our Clubhouse.
- There is still a lot of snow on the course, a warmer rain and more sun will continue to show our course and enable us to do more work.
- We had a successful cross-country ski season. This year we worked especially hard to have less ski traffic on certain areas of the course. We placed a greater emphasis for example on keeping certain traffic to our golf cart paths. We also did not have any heavy machinery on the course, like last year when we completed work in the woods near #2/#3 and behind #8 green. We are anticipating a better scenario every year now moving forward, as we collaborate closely with our partners from Mont Orford.
I join our Ladies’ Committee and our club captain Jeff Bray, underling the importance to comply with government directives and guidelines. Your health depends on it!
We look forward to seeing you soon when things, we hope, get back to normal. We will advise you of any developments as the situation evolves. Until then, please do not hesitate to reach out and thank you for your valued support.
Mr. Bert Collins